What is Cranial Sacral Therapy?
Cranial Sacral is a gentle, light touch therapy for the head, tailbone and spine. Cranial Sacral Therapists work with bones, meninges and fascia in order to release restrictions in connective tissues within the body. Releasing these restrictions aids the body with its own natural healing ability. Cranial Sacral involves lying on a massage table, while fully clothed and enjoying the relaxing benefits of this light-touch therapy.
It may also help to alleviate:
- Neck or back pain
- Jaw issues (TMJ)
- Sleep issues
- Tinnitus (ringing in ears)
- Post-traumatic-stress disorder (PTSD)
- Post-COVID Long Haul Symptoms
In addition to the spine, Cranial Sacral may also help with pain or mobility in knees, elbows, wrists and ankles.
Adele Kafer CCST
Certified Cranial Sacral Therapist
Adele is a compassionate and caring Certified Cranial Sacral Therapist who has dedicated her career to helping others heal and feel their best. After experiencing the transformative power of Cranial Sacral Therapy following a serious car accident, Adele knew that she wanted to share these healing benefits with others. She received her certification from Langara College in 2011 and has continued to upgrade her skills at the Upledger Institute, completing CS1, CS2, and SER1.
As a Cultural Anthropologist with a BA from SFU, Adele has always been passionate about helping people and has found great fulfillment in the healthcare industry. In addition to her work as a therapist, Adele cares deeply about the environment, animals, and social causes, and enjoys staying active and engaged in her free time through activities like walking and gardening. Adele is a kind person who truly loves doing Cranial Sacral and making a positive impact in the world.
- SFU: Bachelor of Arts — 2001
- Langara College: Certificate in Cranial Sacral Therapy — 2011
- Upledger Institute: CranioSacral Therapy 1 (CS1) — May 2019
- Upledger Institute: CranioSacral Therapy 2 (CS2) — Nov 2019
- Upledger Institute: SomatoEmotional Release 1 (SER1) — Nov 2021
- New Westminster Chamber of Commerce
- International Association of Healthcare Practitioners
- Royal Columbian Hospital
How may I help you? I offer free consultations. Give me a call: