What is Cranial Sacral Therapy?
Cranial Sacral is a gentle, light touch therapy for the head, tailbone and spine. Cranial Sacral Therapists work with bones, meninges and fascia in order to release restrictions in connective tissues within the body. Releasing these restrictions aids the body with its own natural healing ability. Cranial Sacral involves lying on a massage table, while fully clothed and enjoying the relaxing benefits of this light-touch therapy.
It may also help to alleviate:
- Neck or back pain
- Jaw issues (TMJ)
- Sleep issues
- Tinnitus (ringing in ears)
- Post-traumatic-stress disorder (PTSD)
- Post-COVID Long Haul Symptoms
In addition to the spine, Cranial Sacral may also help with pain or mobility in knees, elbows, wrists and ankles.
Adele Kafer CCST
Certified Cranial Sacral Therapist
Adele is a Certified Cranial Sacral Therapist after receiving certification from Langara College in 2011. She is currently upgrading her skills at Upledger Institute and has completed CS1, CS2 and SER1.
After a serious car accident, resulting in whiplash, Adele was fortunate to have received Cranial Sacral Therapy to help with:
- Neck and back pain
For 2 months after the accident, Adele was unable to hold up her head due to torn muscles and ligaments from the base of her skull to her mid-back. Cranial Sacral was so beneficial for pain relief and recovery, Adele decided to become a therapist in order to help other people heal from injuries in the same gentle way.
Adele is also a Cultural Anthropologist with a BA from SFU, and after working in a wide variety of industries, she has found health care to be the most gratifying. Helping people has always been Adele’s passion and she is able to do that in a much more personal and impactful way. Adele also cares very deeply about the environment, animals, social causes, art and culture. In her free time, Adele enjoys walking, gardening and taking courses.
- SFU: Bachelor of Arts — 2001
- Langara College: Certificate in Cranial Sacral Therapy — 2011
- Upledger Institute: CranioSacral Therapy 1 (CS1) — May 2019
- Upledger Institute: CranioSacral Therapy 2 (CS2) — Nov 2019
- Upledger Institute: SomatoEmotional Release 1 (SER1) — Nov 2021
- New Westminster Chamber of Commerce
- International Association of Healthcare Practitioners
- Natural Health Practitioners of Canada
- Royal Columbian Hospital
How may I help you? I offer free consultations. Give me a call: